Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[-]
Tags
newbie? any recommendations

Any recommendations for a newbie?
Hello!
I've been into K-pop for quite some time now, but I never really got into K-Drama. Part of the reason I don't really watch K-Drama's is because I have no idea which ones are worth watching, or which ones are my style.
The only drama I've watched is To Be Continued, the web drama starring the boys from Astro. I really liked that one because it was so funny, and because it wasn't that long (12 episodes that were about 20 minutes each). I also liked that it was starred by teenagers instead of adults because they're easier to relate to.

Do you guys have any recommendations for someone who likes humor and a young cast? I also like fantasy concepts. n_n
f***, I was going to say The k2 because Yoona is the main actress but oooooooooooook Sad 
Or Descendants of the Sun because Im LOVING it so much... but I dont know about humor dramas so this post is useless Tongue
#CUUUUUUTE
[Image: 200w.gif]

#OriginalSquad

Rainbow 
I am the master. Just come to me XD

Here is my top list of 2016. There are a few fantasy ones. All of them are fantastic (Especially W & Goblin) http://www.kvilleentertainment.net/article.php?id=353 
I also recommend checking out this website. It has every possible asian drama you could imagine. I have linked the top drama list for you. You can select your prefered country and genre if you want to narrow the search Big Grin Message me if you need anything else or confirmation if you will like something Big Grin http://mydramalist.com/shows/top
[Image: 1486237824_wpiyRw1ban7Oq2x.JPG]
Likes Given: 2
I have one recommendation although there are many, many good K-dramas. Mine is The Lover. It is twelve episodes, each 50 minutes, and I binged it the first two days of school one year ago, hahaha. I got into it because one of the main characters is Takuya from Cross Gene!

Anyway, it is a romantic comedy that involves four untraditional couples: one is gay (Takuya, ahhhhh!), one has a big age gap, one is rushing into marriage, and the other couple has been together for a long time but doesn't want to get married. The first six episodes or so are very funny, but the series gets SAD. TRAGIC. I cried so much during the last two episodes, but the ending is sooooooooo worth it. Some of the cons are that one of the couples annoyed me (but that was the point, and it got better) and that sometimes the comedy can be hit or miss. Sometimes, it felt slow, and I'm not the biggest fan of bathroom humor (it's rare, but it's there). 

I give the show a 9/10 especially if you can make it to the sad parts of the series (you'll know if you want to finish around episode 3). It's very funny, warm, charming, and romantic. Also TAKUYA!!!!!
"People with good hearts are the ultimate winners." Seohyun, Girls' Generation

[Image: tumblr_m65boeAXIR1r5waef.gif]
(01-22-2017, 04:06 AM)Landon Sadler Wrote: I have one recommendation although there are many, many good K-dramas. Mine is The Lover. It is twelve episodes, each 50 minutes, and I binged it the first two days of school one year ago, hahaha. I got into it because one of the main characters is Takuya from Cross Gene!

Anyway, it is a romantic comedy that involves four untraditional couples: one is gay (Takuya, ahhhhh!), one has a big age gap, one is rushing into marriage, and the other couple has been together for a long time but doesn't want to get married. The first six episodes or so are very funny, but the series gets SAD. TRAGIC. I cried so much during the last two episodes, but the ending is sooooooooo worth it. Some of the cons are that one of the couples annoyed me (but that was the point, and it got better) and that sometimes the comedy can be hit or miss. Sometimes, it felt slow, and I'm not the biggest fan of bathroom humor (it's rare, but it's there). 

I give the show a 9/10 especially if you can make it to the sad parts of the series (you'll know if you want to finish around episode 3). It's very funny, warm, charming, and romantic. Also TAKUYA!!!!!

I really did love this drama also! Some stories I found better than others, but once they popped on my screen I was overly happy! That Takuya room was my favourite Wink
[Image: 1486237824_wpiyRw1ban7Oq2x.JPG]
Likes Given: 2